Friday, Oct 31st:
9th Annual Halloween Howler Bar Crawl at the EpiCentre
It's that time of year again when all the goblins and ghosts come out and party at the Epicentre! Join one of the largest Halloween events in Charlotte as the EpiCentre is FILLED with Halloween party goers.
The concept is simple. Buy your ticket and bring the receipt (either printed or from your phone) to the checkin booth outside of Whisky River on the second floor of the EpiCentre for us to scan it. We will give you an event wristband that will give you free entry into ALL venues at the EpiCentre. Enjoy special prices on Corona, Corona Light at Fireball shots.
Costumes Contest will go on all night as well as a silent Best-of-the-Best Costume award from Carolina Nightlife!
Also, make sure to order up Corona Light at any of your favorite venues at the EpiCentre that night. We will have specially marked Corona Light bottles that if you find them, will win you extra prizes!
Do not drink and Drive. We will have Yellow Cab readily available at the EpiCentre all night long. You can download the Taxi Magic app or call 704-444-4444 for a safe ride home.
For more information, please call Hunter Wilson at 704-516-2674.
Charleston Culinary Tours is set to host the third dinner in the Fresh at the Farm Dinner Series on Sunday, November 2nd at Celestial Hills Farm in Huger, SC.
So you read the title and now you feel like you should know who The Dan Band is. Or probably, why do you know who The Dan Band is? Well, if you're a fan of THE HANGOVER or OLD SCHOOL then you definitely know why! The band made their television debut on OLD SCHOOL with "Total Eclipse of The Heart" - a very foul-mouthed, hilarious, "what-did-he-just-say" version of the song.
The band is known to take classic women sung songs and turn them into an amazing rendition you want to hear all of the time. In fact, if you're like most guys after watching these movies, you wanted them to play at your wedding. Well guess what? YOU CAN! I'm not saying you can afford them or they'll be available, but you can contact them and see if they'll perform at your wedding too.
So when will they be in Charlotte? Mark your calendars for NOVEMBER 7th at The Fillmore in the NC Music Factory. They are well-known to have sold-out shows after being featured on Comedy Central and appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live, The Late Late Show, Last Call with Carson Daly, Ellen, Spike TV's Guy Choice Awards and The Tonight Show! So be sure to book your tickets ASAP.
Don't know who they are? Check out their site for hilarious videos and more information about The Dan Band.
This Thursday from 7-9pm at The Shu in Southend will be "the Fall Refresh"; a Charity Event and Fashion Show donating the proceeds to Bark All About It. Bark All About It is a consignment store with their core focus on animal rescue and well being. Local treats will be provided by Draught Charlotte and Queen City Pastry. Feel free to bring your gently used clothes to donate to Bark All About It and clean out those closets! Refreshments will be provided as well.
At 8pm, Vestique Boutique will host a fashion show, highlighting the trends of this season.
Mirror Bomb Studio
Bark All About It
Queen City Pastry
Come out, support a good cause, and sample local Charlotte businesses!
To Purchase tickets, visit here:
As a New Yorker, I appreciate a good dozen of wings while watching football. There's nothing like the smell of buffalo wing sauce and a cold beer while watching your favorite team dominate the opponent. When I first moved here, I was worried I wouldn't have the same atmosphere down South. Immediately, I was proven wrong. For all of the newbies in Charlotte, here's a list we've compiled of the best wings in Charlotte:
Mac's Speed Shop-Southend
If you're looking for size and flavor, head over to Southend and order the wings at Mac's Speed Shop. The wings are different than the usual fryer simply because they are smoked and then grilled...rather than fried. Not only is the smoky flavor prevalent, but the sauces seem to absorb better!
The Roasting Co.-South Park
If you're looking for tasty and inexpensive, you have found your mecca. The Roasting Co. offers a large array of all delicious things chicken. If you're all about the spice, try the Nuclear or Evil sauces for a little extra kick. There's also a giant assortment of beer, so your palette can sing.
DD Peckers Wing Shack-Ballantyne
DD Peckers Wing Shack makes traveling to Ballantyne worth the highway hassle. For the indecisive type, you can order a 5-flavor sample. Don’t be deterred by the dive bar exterior. I recommend trying the Honey Hot or Hot Gold wings that are my sticky sweet favorites of the bunch.
The Carolina Panthers have a great season ahead of them and us Charlotteans are dying to watch every last second of their games. We have some amazing home field games to attend this year but what about those away games? Charlotte has you covered with these top 5 places to watch the game offering game day menus, drink specials and PLENTY of televisions. GO PANTHERS!
1) Draught Charlotte - Charlotte's newest Panther's location sits directly behind the stadium on Cedar St. For those of you who have been in Charlotte for more than a year know that this is the original location of Hartigan's and the party is just as wild during the games. Draught is the official location for Cans Recycled so expect Kiss 95.1 to pump out the tunes, large outdoor televisions on the patio, plenty of pounders to drink and of course some amazing game day food including nachos, pretzels and pub burgers - YUM!
2) The Doghouse - Positioned even closer to the stadium is the infamous Doghouse. The bar features a lawn decorated as a football field t play cornhole, a stage that always has the best music to jam out to and of course the large indoor and outdoor bar that gives you plenty of space to grab a nice cold one. The Doghouse has been open since 1997 and it's stronger than ever! They have plenty of TV's to cheer on the Panthers with old and new friends.
3) Brevard Court - To some of you this area is known as the "French Quarter" but this brilliant hidden gem is filled with some of the best bars in Charlotte and one of the best tailgates! While walking around the massive crowd that settles in Brevard court check out the 30 year old French Quarter restaurant, Courtyard Hooligans, and Valhalla. Watch the game in the adjacent parking lot with a massive blow up screen to cheers with your friends your Carolina Panthers.
4) All American Pub/Oak Room - Home of last years Cans Recycled these locations definitely did not need the help this year! During the day All American Pub is packed to the brim with hungry fans watching one of their several dozen flat screen TV's. Their menu is full of great game watch foods and their drink list is perfect for sharing a bucket or two. Once the sun goes down, Oak Room next door has great music and plenty of party space to celebrate a Panther win!
5) Tyber Creek Pub - South End has some fantastic bars to attend to watch the games but Tyber Creek has a great space to do it in style. Two stories with televisions everywhere (albeit older TV's), easy access bars, and a huge patio with games and plenty of seating. Tyber also features great drinks specials and incredible Irish style food that you will crave after being inside for a few minutes. Of course they have plenty of Guinness on tap too!